Forum bald nur noch unter:
http://www.exbbz-treff.de.vu
erreichbar
oder direkt Link:
http://86053.homepagemodules.de/

t our season tickets are up 2,000 seats

in Schwerhörigkeit 20.08.2015 05:29
von ldh2013 | 3.659 Beiträge

BELEK, Turkey -- The head of Olympic summer sports federations called for urgent action Tuesday to tackle the critical delays facing the 2016 Games in Rio de Janeiro and accused the Brazilian government of neglecting the crisis. In an interview with The Associated Press, Francesco Ricci Bitti said Rios troubled preparations are reaching a stage where some sports may need to consider "Plan B" options for their venues. "Its getting very serious," the Italian said. "We have an organizing committee with good people but without the leverage to cope with the problem. ... We are scared. This is not a country like China where you can ask people to work by night. In Brazil, this could not happen. The government has to change speed." Ricci Bitti heads the Association of Summer Olympic International Federations, which represents the 28 sports in the Rio Games. He also leads the International Tennis Federation and serves on the IOC co-ordination commission for Rio, which made its latest visit to Brazil two weeks ago. "We can be flexible in the infrastructure but surely not in the sports venues, and we are at risk at sports venues," Ricci Bitti said. "Even for the ones that dont consider themselves at risk, we dont see a sense of urgency." The timetables are so tight that backup plans may need to be considered by some sports, he said. "We have to sit down and to start looking at some Plan Bs," Ricci Bitti said. Rios problems dominated discussions at the ASOIF general assembly, which took place during the SportAccord convention in this Mediterranean resort in southern Turkey. Rio will also top the agenda for meetings of the International Olympic Committee executive board, which meets here Wednesday and Thursday. "We need to act now because if we wait another six months, as it could be looking at the inactivity of the government, I think it will become very serious," Ricci Bitti said. "The organizing committee is doing its best, but the government is not supporting enough." Brazil is also struggling with delays ahead of hosting the World Cup this summer. With the country focusing on the World Cup, Ricci Bitti said, the Olympic preparations risk falling further behind. "We cant always hope in the fact that in the end we will solve the problem," he said. "This time we have the style and the habits of the South Americans. They are not used to managing big events like this. The Olympics is a very different problem from the World Cup. The World Cup in the end is one stadium, one hotel, in many cities. Rio has a lot of problems." Rio organizing committee chief Carlos Nuzman and CEO Sidney Levy were meeting in Brasilia on Tuesday with Brazilian President Dilma Rousseffs chief of staff to discuss the Olympics. It was left to Rios executive sports director, Agberto Guimaraes, to report to the federations in Turkey. "I still think we can pull this thing together and can have great games," he told the delegates. "The moment I dont I will (give) my resignation. I still believe we can do it. Please help me get through this alive and well." Christophe Dubi, the IOCs deputy executive director for the Olympic Games, said the IOC would be sending special task forces to Rio to monitor the situation. The first group will consist of construction experts, he said. "We have to have special measures in place," he said. Dubi noted that Gilbert Felli, the IOCs long-time executive director, has been assigned to work with Rio after he steps down from his post later this year. The meetings in Turkey come amid a daily drumbeat of troubles in Brazil. On Monday, striking construction workers and security personnel clashed at Rios Olympic Park. Random gunshots were fired but no injuries were reported. Workers also went on strike Monday at the Olympic stadium that will be used for track and field at the games. The venue has been closed since last year to fix problems with the roof. Guimaraes said the repair work would completed by December. The greatest concerns centre on the Deodoro complex, an area that is to host venues for eight sports. Work has yet to begin on the site. In addition, work on the Olympic golf course is far behind schedule, raising concerns for the sports return to the games after more than a century. Guimaraes said grass would begin to be laid on the course later this month and the venue would be ready by September 2015. Nike Roshe One Flyknit Dame . Johnny Cueto pitched seven sharp innings, Toronto native Joey Votto hit a tiebreaking single in the eighth and the Reds beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 3-2 on Tuesday night. Nike Roshe One Print . The Montreal Canadiens goaltenders dogs Motty ("short for Mozart") and Duke got loose overnight. http://www.rosheonedk.com/nike-roshe-one-danmark-running/nike-roshe-one-herre-udsalg.html . The 18-year-old from Toronto was named to Canadas roster for a friendly on June 18 against Germany after the defender scored her first goal for her country in last months 1-1 draw with the United States in Winnipeg. Nike Roshe One Herre appelsin . Nunez strained his right hamstring while beating out an infield single last Saturday at Detroit. The move was made retroactive to Sunday. Nike Roshe One Flyknit 2015 . "Ive got no idea," said Gibbons after the game when asked what Bautista was thinking. "Its not smart, winning baseball and Im sure he wont do it again." If Bautistas read on the situation is any indication, it seems that under similar circumstances, he would do it again.OTTAWA - Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is looking for consistency. Like many, the Senators owner had high hopes for the team this season, and he admits to being disappointed at the teams current state. After overcoming key injuries and making a playoff run last season, the Senators look like they have taken a step back. They currently sit sixth in the Atlantic Division with a 13-15-6 record. "I think we could always improve," Melnyk said. "Theres no question. I just spoke to (general manager Bryan Murray) and the coach and were looking for improvement from certain players. They have to step up and show us what they can actually do." Melnyk said he has faith in the current players on his team, but added theres a sense of urgency for the team to show signs of improvement. A lack of consistency has been an issue for the Senators and Melnyk said the team is in need of a lengthy winning streak. Ottawa has not won more than three straight games this season. "I mean we are 32, 33 games into the season. Its about time that we start getting into some streaks," he said. "Nothing beats a nice six, seven or eight game winning streak. Give me six out of eight and Ill be happy." Melnyk also discussed Murrays future. The general manager is in the final year of his contract and its widely expected that he will get an extension. "Weve had some preliminary talks, me and Bryan," Melnyk said. "I would love to see Bryan here next year and he would like to finish off with a Stanley Cup and I would like to see him leave with a Stanley Cup. Those are still preliminary so well just continue talking and let things work out where they work out." Melnyk said re-signing Murray is not a priority at this time. He also said that he gave his full support in allowing asssistant general manager Tim Murray to speak with the Buffalo Sabres regarding their general manager opening.dddddddddddd. Melnyk said he sees no reason to hold individuals back if the right situation arises. As well as struggling on the ice, the Senators have also been a bit of a disappointment at the box office. Ottawa had struggled to fill the Canadian Tire Centre this year with just four sellouts after 18 home games. Despite the empty seats, Melnyk says the team is actually generating better revenue than when they offered reduced ticket incentives. "These are the real numbers," Melnyk said. "Theres no more gimmicks. This is what it is. This is the only way we can accomplish really getting a solid number out there for everyone to understand where we are." Melnyk believes much of the Senators attendance issues have had to do with a "wonky" schedule that has seen Ottawa play a number of matinee games as well as numerous Monday night games. "Weve had a very strange schedule this year that made it difficult to sell the walk-up tickets, but our season tickets are up 2,000 seats and our revenue is up," Melnyk said. Melnyk also knows hes likely to make money on the Senators upcoming contract for regional television rights. The Senators current agreement with Sportsnet expires at the end of the season and Melnyk said the team already has competing bids for next seasons broadcasts. "Here in the Ottawa market we are a good market for television and I think people will pay accordingly," he said. Melnyk was on hand at the Canadian Tire Centre to present Senators jerseys, helmets and skates to over 100 local children as part of the 10th annual Eugene Melnyk Skate for Kids. Over the past decade Melnyk has purchased equipment for over 1,000 kids. cheap nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Zur Forum Übersicht
Forum ist seit dem 20.07.2006 onlin(i)e
Counter

Besucher
1 Mitglied und 13 Gäste sind Online

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: aaaLyndon
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13048 Themen und 20160 Beiträge.

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen