Forum bald nur noch unter:
http://www.exbbz-treff.de.vu
erreichbar
oder direkt Link:
http://86053.homepagemodules.de/

Brett Zarowny and Ty Edmonds combined to stop

in Die Schule 18.08.2015 11:21
von ldh2013 | 3.659 Beiträge

DETROIT a€“ In the Maple Leafs 28-page training camp guide, Brandon Kozun, a California native, is listed at 5-foot-8 and 167 pounds, but up close he looks much smaller than that. Kozun is among the unlikeliest of final contenders to crack the NHL squad in Toronto, just another hurdle for a kid from Los Angeles to overcome. a€?As a smaller guy you obviously have an uphill climb,a€? said the 24-year-old, who moved to Calgary at age 10. a€?Ita€?s not a surprise. This is a game of men and as a smaller guy, youa€?re always going to listen to the critics say that youa€?re big enough or youa€?re not strong enough. But for me ita€?s always been a€?Ia€?m going to prove you wronga€? and try and get to that next level. Kozun has never played an NHL game, but is sure he will one day a€“ if not very soon. Therea€?s an air of confidence (but not cockiness) about him, one seemingly born from a career of being doubted, dismissed and overlooked because of his smallish stature. a€?Because of your size you get cut from certain situations and for me ita€?s always been that determination to get to that next level,a€? he said. a€?No matter what anyone says Ia€?m going to get there.a€? Of the 210 North American skaters ranked by NHL Central Scouting in 2008, an 18-year-old Kozun was nowhere to be found. He went undrafted that summer, but came back the following year and absolutely tore up the Dub, potting 40 goals and 108 points a€“ good for second in the league a€“ for the WHLa€?s top team, the Calgary Hitmen. He found his name on those rankings (150th) following that performance and was plucked up by L.A. with the 179th-overall selection at the draft in Montreal that June. Buried amongst the Kings talented prospect pool, Kozun spent three-plus seasons in the AHL with Manchester a€“ scoring more than 20 goals three times a€“ before landing in Toronto last January in a midseason trade that sent Andrew Crescenzi to L.A. Now he finds himself bidding for an NHL opportunity with the Leafs, his unlikely combination of wheels and pluckiness earning him a good, long and rewarding look. Few could have expected him to last this long and therea€?s a case to be made that hea€?s earned a spot. a€?Ia€?ve tried to just come into it with a a€?whatever happens, happensa€? mentality,a€? he said. a€?I feel like I dona€?t have anything to lose.a€? Ita€?s the skating with Kozun that first grabs the eye, a must for a player of his stature, according to head coach, Randy Carlyle. a€?Well I think thata€?s his biggest asset,a€? Carlyle said recently. a€?If you come and watch him he jumps out at you because of his speed.a€? The player agrees. a€?As a smaller guy I think you kind of need that in the game today,a€? Kozun said. a€?I think it helps me navigate around the ice. Ita€?s just part of my game. Ita€?s something I try to use as a weapon. When Ia€?m skating thata€?s when Ia€?m most effective.a€? And though he may be small, Kozun tries to play big. Hea€?s not appeared afraid or unwilling to throw around that diminutive frame, especially up the ice on the penalty kill, where hea€?s been used from time to time in the preseason. The Marlies were actually surprised to learn last season that he hadna€?t been used much as a penalty killer prior to joining their team - his ability to disrupt opposing power-plays with speed and forcefulness an obvious benefit. That was noticeable at the Joe in Detroit on Monday; Kozun broke free of the defence for a short-handed breakaway that was turned aside by Red Wings goalie, Petr Mrazek. Kozun later landed in the box for a heavy, hard-charging hit on Stephen Weiss and then replaced Matt Frattin alongside Tyler Bozak and James van Riemsdyk, bursting past the Wings for two more good chances in the final frame. His fight is ultimately for the one of the final forward spots, likely the fourth line right-wing position occupied mostly by Colton Orr last season. With his wheels, rambunctiousness, penalty-killing ability and potential for bits of offence, he offers more tools than that of his current competition. Hea€?s outplayed that competition at camp, no less a€“ Orr, Troy Bodie, Frazer McLaren, Carter Ashton, Tyler Biggs, David Broll and even Frattin, who has had a mediocre preseason in the eyes of head coach. In question for Carlyle, his coaching staff and management is whether Kozuns assets will translate when the game rises to NHL speeds. a€?The challenge will be and is for the small guy, the smaller player in stature to make an impact,a€? said Carlyle, a€?the same impact he was making at the American Hockey League, can that continue on into the NHL against bigger, stronger, faster-skating defencemen?a€? Others of similar stature have shown recently that it can be done. Nathan Gerbe, listed at 5-foot-6 and 180, scored 16 goals last year in Carolina, killing penalties and injecting bite along the way. Stephen Gionta, 5-foot-7 and of the same build as Gerbe, remains a feisty fourth-line force for Peter DeBoer in Jersey. Kozun, for one, doesna€?t hide from the belief he has in himself or his abilities. Hea€?s confident he can get to the next level. a€?I think you have to have confidence in yourself,a€? he said. a€?If I were to tell you a€?no, I dona€?t believe Ia€?m going to get therea€? I dona€?t think I ever will. A lot of people,a€? he continued, a€?have said a lot of things that I wouldna€?t do.a€? Nike Juvenate Damen 2015 . The Ottawa Redblacks announced Wednesday they have signed the import linebacker to a contract. Nike Juvenate Schwarz herren .ca. Kerry, I appreciate your earlier comments on Torontos handling of the Vanek goal, and Im sure youve seen the Howie Rose-Kris King interview by now. http://www.nikeflyknittrainer.de/nike-juvenate-damen-sale.html .Federer, who arrived in Australia on Saturday, has a first-round bye in the Australian Open tune-up tournament. Then the 17-time Grand Slam champion will play the winner of a match between Australian wild-card entry John Millman and a yet-to-be-determined qualifier. Nike Flyknit Lunar 1 Günstig . -- The New England Patriots have re-signed veteran defensive lineman Andre Carter He had 10 sacks for the Patriots in 2011, his only season with them, and was chosen to his first Pro Bowl. Nike Juvenate Damen Günstig . The Raptors went 1-3 during a season-long homestand last week and their upcoming schedule doesnt do them any favours. Although theyve had some early season success against the superior Western Conference - theyre 2-3 - eight of their next 11 games are against winning teams from the West.KENNEWICK, Wash. - Brian Williams scored two goals, including the winner 18 seconds into overtime, as Tri-City toppled the Everett Silvertips 4-3 on Saturday in Western Hockey League action. Beau McCue and Connor Rankin also scored for the Americans (12-9-2) while Parker Bowles chipped in with three assists. Tyler Sandhu, Kohl Bauml and Joshua Winquist supplied the offence for the Silvertips (13-3-4), who earned at least one point in their fourth straight game. Tri-Citys Eric Comrie made 29 saves for the win. Everetts Daniel Cotton stopped 20 shots in defeat. The Americans went 2 for 3 on the power play while the Silvertips scored twice on seven chances with the man advantage. --- BRONCOS 6 RAIDERS 2 SWIFT CURRENT, Sask. -- Colby Cave and Graham Black each scored twice as the Broncos extended their win streak to seven games by defeating Prince Albert. Connor Sanvido and Cavin Leth also scored for Swift Current (13-8-1) and Julian Honka tacked on three assists. Matteo Gennaro scored both goals for the Raiders (11-8-2). Eetu Laurikainen was impressive for the Broncos as he turned away 40 shots for the win. Cole Cheveldave allowed four goals on 11 shots and was pulled from Prince Alberts net after 14 minutes of action. Nick McBridge stopped 18-of-20 shots in relief. --- WARRIORS 4 BLADES 3 (OT) SASKATOON -- Torrin White scored twice, including 3:59 into overtime, as Moose Jaw edged the Blades. Josh Uhrich and Sam Fioretti also scored for the Warriors (7-11-4) as White added an assist for a three-point outing. Saskatoon (9-10-3) got goals form Brett Stovin, Graham Millar and Ryan Coghlan. Moose Jaws Zachary Sawchenko made 23 saves for the win. Alex Moodie stopped 22 shots for the Blades. --- TIGERS 3 HITMEN 2 (SO) CALGARY -- Daniel Wapple made 36 saves as Medicine Hat slipped past the Hitmen in a shootout. Curtis Valk scored the shootout winner for the Tigers (13-3-3) while Hunter Shinkaruk and Trevor Cox scored in regulation. Calder Brooks and Kenton Helgesen supplied the offence for Calgary (10-5-4), which has dropped three games in a row. Chris Driedger stopped 29 shots for the Hitmen. --- ICE 3 CHIEFS 2 CRANBROOK, B.C. -- Austin Vettrls goal late in the second period stood up as the winner as Kootenay beat Spokane. Luke Philp and Levi Cable also scored for the Ice (10-8-2), who scored twice while on the man advvantage.dddddddddddd Mike Aviani and Mitch Holmberg each had a goal and an assist for the Chiefs (14-7-0). Kootenays Wyatt Hofflin stopped 23 shots for the victory. Eric Williams made 27 saves in net for Spokane. --- REBELS 4 HURRICANES 3 LETHBRIDGE, Alta. -- Red Deer scored three power-play goals to hand the Hurricanes their ninth loss in a row. Conner Bleackley, Rhyse Dieno and Nick Charif each scored with the man advantage for the Rebels (9-11-1) and Brooks Maxwell scored even strength. Brady Ramsay, Jamal Watson and Josh Derko scored for Lethbridge (2-16-3), which sits dead last in the WHL standings. Red Deers Patrik Bartosak made 21 saves for the win as Hurricanes netminder Corbin Boes turned away 26 shots in defeat. --- ROYALS 3 WINTERHAWKS 2 (OT) PORTLAND, Ore. -- Coleman Vollrath turned back 41 shots as Victoria defeated the Winterhawks. Brandon Magee scored twice, including the winner, for the Royals (12-9-1) and Austin Carroll had the other. Oliver Bjorkstrand and Taylor Leier scored for Portland (14-4-2) and Derrick Pouliot assisted on both. Brendan Burke made 33 saves for the Winterhawks. --- GIANTS 5 COUGARS 1 VANCOUVER -- Brett Kulak scored twice as the Giants crushed Prince George. Tim Traber, Dmitry Osipov and Jackson Houck also scored for Vancouver (8-11-2). Troy Bourke registered the lone goal for the Cougars (7-11-4), who are winless in six games. Payton Lee made 21 saves for the Giants. Brett Zarowny and Ty Edmonds combined to stop 35-of-40 shots for Prince George. --- ROCKETS 2 OIL KINGS 0 KELOWNA, B.C. -- Jordan Cooke stopped 25 shots as the Rockets blanked Edmonton for their seventh straight victory. Kris Schmidli and Justin Kirkland scored for Kelowna (14-2-0). Tristan Jarry turned away 28-of-30 shots for the Oil Kings (12-8-1). The loss snapped Edmontons four-game win streak. --- PATS 5 THUNDERBIRDS 3 KENT, Wash. -- Morgan Klimchuk scored twice as Regina came from behind to defeat Seattle. Boston Leier, Kyle Burroughs and Braden Christoffer also scored for the Pats (11-9-0), who trailed 3-2 after 40 minutes of play. Brandon Troock, Alexander Delnov and Adam Henry recorded goals for the Thunderbirds (11-7-2), who dropped their fourth contest in a row. Reginas Dawson MacAuley made 28 saves for the win as Danny Mumaugh gave Seattle a chance by stopping 49-of-53 shots. cheap nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Zur Forum Übersicht
Forum ist seit dem 20.07.2006 onlin(i)e
Counter

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: zaMelissa
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13159 Themen und 20302 Beiträge.

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen