Forum bald nur noch unter:
http://www.exbbz-treff.de.vu
erreichbar
oder direkt Link:
http://86053.homepagemodules.de/

This instant feedback intensifies the desire and pressur

in Die Schule 18.08.2015 10:54
von ldh2013 | 3.659 Beiträge

VANCOUVER - Alex Burrows took lesson from the Detroit Red Wings offensive playbook. Burrows scored the winning goal in the first period of the Vancouver Canucks 4-2 victory Wednesday when he went to Detroit goalie Jimmy Howards crease for an artful back-to-the-net tip-in. "Im trying to get a piece of it and try to surprise the goalie a bit," Burrows said of his deflection of a hard Daniel Sedin pass. "Theyre one of the best teams at going to the net and we like to take pages out of their book and tonight it worked out in our favour." The goal gave the Canucks a 3-1 lead and Burrows, who scored his fourth goal in as many games, didnt think it would stand up as the game-winner. "Its too early," said Burrows who tied Sedin for the team lead with his 13th goal of the season. "When you give them room, theyre going to make some plays. "We sat back too much in the third and they kept coming in waves and (goalie) Roberto (Luongo) made some big saves." Luongo had to be sharp in the third period when the Canucks were outshot 16-4 while nursing their lead. He finished with 38 stops, including late saves on Darren Helm and Pavel Datsyuk. Burrows and Sedin twins Daniel and Henrik have combined for 10 points in the last two games. "Theyre such unbelievable players," Burrows said. "Theyre going to make plays all over the ice. "For me on that play, I think he (Howard) thought they were going to make a give-and-go or something and bought me time to get to the net." Daniel Sedin the goal came from Burrows ability to get into a good scoring position. "Typical Burrows goal," he said. "Hes so good at hand-eye co-ordination, its unbelievable. He goes to open spots behind their (defencemen) and we try to find him." Chris Higgins and Cody Hodgson scored 21 seconds apart earlier in the period to give Vancouver a 2-0 advantage, prompting Detroit coach Mike Babcock to call a time out. Alex Edler completed the attack for Vancouver while Todd Bertuzzi and Drew Miller scored for Detroit. "Today we made too many mistakes through the neutral zone, and on our forecheck," Babcock said. "Behind 3-1, I thought we crawled back in the game, had a good push." Vancouver (21-11-2) won its third straight game, and 12th in its last 15 to close to within a point of Northwest Division-leading Minnesota Wild. The Red Wings (21-11-1), who are chasing the Chicago Blackhawks in the Central Division, lost for only the second time in seven games. Both clubs, who have been climbing the Western Conference standings after sluggish starts to their season, scored crease-crashing goals. Bertuzzi jammed a puck past Luongo to cut the deficit to 2-1 after the Canuck netminder was knocked over when teammate Sami Salo was pushed into him. Edler, who suffered back spasms late in the game, provided third-period insurance by burying Jannik Hansens rebound behind a frustrated Howard while the Canucks were short handed. The Detroit netminder went after Hansen who bumped into him while fighting off a check by Detroits Henrik Zetterberg. "I was interfered with," said Howard who blanked the Canucks 2-0 in Detroit on Oct. 13. "Im just sick and tired of getting run over. Every single game. Sometimes you cant help it, your Ds battling in front, things do happen. But I am actually just getting sick of it." The Canucks were killing a roughing penalty to Ryan Kesler, who challenged Niklas Kronwall after the Wings defenceman left his feet to deliver a hard hit along the boards. The check brought some feeling into a game that didnt see a penalty called until 18:36 of the second period. Kronwall said the hit was just part of the game. "The puck was right there and I just tried to put a clean check in," Kronwall said. "The way I looked at it is he had the puck and he had it under control. I thought the puck was right there." Kesler said he hadnt seen a replay but thought Kronwall should have responded to his invitation to fight. "If you want to hit guys like that, youre going to have to drop the gloves," he said. All four penalties in the game were called against Vancouver and Zetterberg said the Wings should have made more of their man-advantage chances. "You have to take care of your power play, you have to have at least one (man-advantage goal) to win games," he said. "Its so tight five-on-five." Notes: The two clubs have appeared three of the last four Stanley Cup finals ... Andrew Ebbett returned to the Vancouver lineup for the first time since suffering a foot fracture on Nov. 10 ... minor league call-up Mark Mancari sat out ... the Canucks were again without their third defensive pairing of Aaron Rome (thumb) and Keith Ballard (back) ... Andrew Alberts and Alexander Sulzer continued to fill in on the Vancouver blue-line ... the Wings continue their road trip Thursday in Calgary. Shane Vereen Jersey . - As promised, Danny Trevathan has snuffed the showboat in him after his humiliating gaffe in the NFL opener. Odell Beckham Jr Jersey . This game was inside. Adrian Peterson was missing. The stage was set for another step toward the playoffs. http://www.footballgiantslockroom.com/giants-dominique-rodgers-cromartie-red-jersey/ . Ross had 16 points midway through Fridays game in Denver, connecting on six of his seven field goal attempts, none more memorable than his final bucket of the half. Lawrence Taylor Youth Jersey . -- Desperate to stop Tom Bradys latest comeback bid, the Miami Dolphins sought help from a reserve safety making his NFL debut after being signed Tuesday off the San Francisco 49ers practice squad. Owa Odighizuwa Womens Jersey . Fabio Fognini and Simone Bolelli defeated Eduardo Schwank and Horacio Zeballos 6-7 (6), 7-6 (8), 7-6 (3), 6-4 in a four-hour match on outdoor clay.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hey Kerry, Just want to say I love the article. Its great to have your perspective! With the use today of instant replay, sometimes as fans we have the luxury of reviewing plays that the on ice official doesnt have. Im referring to missed penalty infractions, off sides and embellishments. I was wondering if referees/linesman ever go to the dressing room between periods and look at any of these replays. And if so, doesnt it make them want to make a "make up call?" Your input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks,Jeff ReynoldsOttawa, Ontario Hey Jeff: I can assure you that NHL referees and linesmen check the television monitor in the officials dressing room between periods if there has been a call (made or potentially missed) that might require a second look to provide some measure of affirmation. You might find this hard to believe, Jeff, but every official strives to work that illusive "perfect game." They are extremely hard-working and dedicated men but as we know all too well, they are human and mistakes are made. None of this has changed through the four decades that I worked as an official for the NHL. What has changed is that before video replay and modern technology provided replays on the score clock and throughout the arena, the officials had to trust their first gut reaction and hope that the right call was made. Players and coaches always let you know instantly what they thought of your decision. Head games were sometimes played with the ref when false information was purposely provided from the players bench where an assistant coach was in communication with a "spotter" in the press box. The spotter sat near a television monitor and had access to the broadcast replay or an in-house video feed. Some teams began placing a small monitor at their bench and coaches would quickly point to it telling the official the call he made was dead wrong! The next comment to the ref was, "You owe us one!" When the period ended, the officials would inevitably rush to the monitor in their dressing room and hope that the play was shown on the intermission broadcast feed. After several times of witnessing clear evidence that the correct call had in fact been made, I began to take a very proactive approach with players or coaches that wanted to quickly provide false misinformation. In an attempt to hold them accountable to their word I would look the individual in the eye and tell him how much I respected his honesty and trusted what he said to be true.dddddddddddd If, however, after personally watching the replay between periods I found that the player or coach was not telling me the truth, their credibility with me would be seriously damaged! I asked again if they were sure the call was wrong. Guilty parties often said they would check the replay during intermission and get back to me. I knew I had them at that point! Others were too far committed and stuck to their guns. On at least one occasion a player tried to sell me a bill of goods and wouldnt back down. The intermission replay demonstrated he had flat out lied to me and I told him as much. The players response, "You cant blame me for trying, can you?" That player learned that trust is earned and not freely gifted! The modern game is very fast and often played with an incredible intensity by phenomenally skilled athletes. If, as a spectator, you had the good fortune to sit at ice level you will understand what Im talking about. The game takes on a very different perspective the farther away you are removed from the action. Things happen very quickly on the ice and in a blink of an eye something can easily be missed. "Instant replay" isnt now just a luxury enjoyed by home viewers watching the broadcast, but plays and calls are seen on the Jumbotron that hangs over the officials head at centre ice. This instant feedback intensifies the desire and pressure for the officials to be "perfect." While it isnt part of standard operating procedure, the honest fact is that on rare occasions the score clock has allowed a member of the officiating crew to sneak a peek at a replay when a group conference is being conducted in the interest of getting the call right. So Jeff, with all the pressure on the officials to make the correct call, it only stands to reason that they would want to verify their call through a second look during the intermission break. A headset call can also be made to the video review official in the arena during a commercial stoppage to provide feedback on a play if the information the referee desires is really pressing. Regardless of the validity of a call, once its made there is no changing it. The feedback can bring about some peace of mind or closure and can even eliminate the potential for head games. If the official learns he was wrong the best course of action is to admit the error, apologize and move on as quickly as possible in his ongoing attempt to be "perfect." cheap nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys wholesale nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys cheap nfl jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Zur Forum Übersicht
Forum ist seit dem 20.07.2006 onlin(i)e
Counter

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: GregSalas
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 13098 Themen und 20210 Beiträge.

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen